MEETING & EVENT PLANNING
WE PLAN MEETINGS AND EVENTS based on the ideas and wishes of our clients.
- We work with our clients to determine the who, what, when, where and why of each event.
- We serve as the “single point of contact” between our client, the venue(s) and all contracted vendors.
- We provide a level of service that lets our clients sit back, relax and enjoy their events.
- We make our client’s special event special.
We provide a level of service that lets our clients sit back,
relax and enjoy their events.
SOME OF OUR MAJOR MEETING AND EVENT PLANNING PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Providing event management support for the 2008 – 2017 Association for the Study of African American Life and History Annual Meeting. This is a five-day event that brings together more than 1,000 national and local leaders from the fields of education, history, public policy and civil rights. View a photo gallery of this event.
- Providing event management support for the 2012-2017 Unveiling of the AT&T Alabama African American History Calendar. This event showcases the 12 honorees in presentations to area high schools and in a convocation that is open to the general public. View a photo gallery of this event.
- Providing logistical support for the 2008 Gala Tribute to the Tuskegee Airmen held in conjunction with the opening of the Tuskegee Airman National Museum in Tuskegee, Alabama. This was a black-tie banquet for 1,200 people and the last great gathering of the original Tuskegee Airmen.
- Providing event management support for the 2004 & 2010 Mercedes Benz U.S. International, Inc. Christmas Party. This event brought together 2,000+ employees, multiple bands, a 23 table casino area, the “Puppet People” and tons of great food.
I was introduced to Advanced Planning Services (APS) by observing the operational efficiencies of the A.G. Gaston Conference. I observed that the Conference Director (Bob Dickerson) could focus on program leadership, and not get lost in the “weeds of detail”. I learned that this was because this annual conference was coordinated by Advanced Planning Services.
From that point on I have used Advanced Planning Services for our major and small events. Having APS as a business partner, has allowed me to focus on the big picture.
Our partnership has also allowed us to start new initiatives without worrying about the implementation process. We bring APS in at the beginning of our idea creation sessions, and their strategic and planning acumen helps us be more effective in launching new events and programs.
We encourage you to consider Advanced Planning Services as a member of your staff with strategic and planning capabilities. They will make your events special while eliminating your worry about the implementation details.Jeff McLeod